There is a legend about a man who is bitten by a monster. That monster is half man, half wolf, and he is cursed. He started life as a normal man, but he was bitten and infected with evil. Whence the moon grows full, the man dies and the beast hunts. Now, whosoever he bites, but doesn’t kill, they themselves become cursed. This beast, this monster, is unkillable. No man strong enough, no one fast enough, no blade sharp enough. There is but a single weapon on the surface of the earth that can bare this beast to the ground and leave him beast no more. That is a silver bullet.
America has also been cursed. The tax code started life normal, a tariff on imported goods. For war, a simple 3% income tax was raised. Then greed and corruption bit America, and evil entered her veins. Today the beast is 76,000 pages long. It is unkillable, growing larger with every single congress. People are taxed for working, taxed for saving, and taxed for dying. People are taxed for the same dollar 2, 3, sometimes 4 or more times. The beast controls us with these taxes, punishes good behaviors and rewards bad. The Beast hunts us all and all flee, afraid of wrestling with certain death. In this fight, there is no Congress strong enough, no President fast enough, no Judge sharp enough. There is but one weapon that can bring the tax code to its knees. The Silver Bullet. The FairTax.
Things the FairTax will do instantly:
- All drug dealers, prostitutes, mobsters, and other assorted criminals will pay full taxes making those professions less profitable.
- The financial benefit to hiring illegal immigrants over Americans will be removed
- People will not be punished for working.
- People will be rewarded for saving
- Dishwashers will no longer subsidize the mortgages of Millionaires
- Everyone will pay fewer taxes
- Foreign companies will bring more money to America to invest
- American companies will send fewer jobs overseas
- Education will become much cheaper
- No private individual will ever be audited by the IRS again
- Business Investment will increase
- The Government will have less power to control people
If you’re a Liberal, you’ll like that the Fairtax:
- Is more progressive than the current system
- Cuts out all the loopholes the very wealthy enjoy
- Provides people cheaper educations
If you’re a Conservative, you’ll like that the Fairtax:
- Reduces the incentive for Illegal Immigrants to take American jobs, and reduces the economic harm when they do
- Cuts taxes for all current taxpayers, while being revenue neutral.
- Gets rid of the IRS Bureaucracy.
If you’re a Libertarian, you’ll like that the FairTax:
- Increases individual freedom
- Is honest to the American people about how much they pay in taxes
- Is a step towards a restored free market
How can this all be? Stay tuned. The book summary and review is coming.