This is the Topic Page for the Citizens United Decision
February 22, 2010
Posted by on
Last year the Conservative wing of the Supreme Court overturned decades of precident and awarded non-citizens the legal right to interfere with US elections. In that past year unknown hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent helping elect various politicians. We don’t know where the money is coming from.
The Citizens United Decision was one of the worst Supreme Court Decisions of the past several decades removing laws that prevent and limit corruption. I have covered this story for a while and this page contains a link to every post I wrote on the issue. The best place to start is here. Otherwise, go through the posts on this page at your discretion.
Founding arguments and important precidents are here:
- Corporations are not equal people under the constitution.
- Actions that are legal can become illegal if money is involved.
- The Supreme Court has repeatedly allowed the abridgement of Free Speech.
- Political speech is protected above all other forms of speech.
- Money is not speech. In deciding politics, it’s corruption.
- Corporations are controlled by foreign interests.
- The Freedom to Listen
Assorted: (Newest on top)
- Corporations are not just groups of like-minded individuals (February 22, 2010)
- The face of the opposition (February 21, 2010)
- Justice Kennedy KNOWS money is bad for politics (February 21, 2010)
- We The People are Sovereign, We are the Deciders (February 21, 2010)
- United Citizens vs. Citizens United (February 19, 2010)
- What can 10% of fortune 400 Profits buy you? Everything. (February 19, 2010)
- People go marching!!! (February 19, 2010)
- New Poll out: 80% Agree with me (February 18, 2010)
- While Congress idles, Corporations move (February 18, 2010)
- Citizens United Decision?: America’s F***ed (February 17, 2010)
- Citizens United: John F Kennedy said it well. ( February 16, 2010)
- Jefferson was worried about “monopolies in commerce.” ( February 15, 2010)
- The First Amendment is not a whore.
- Justice Clarence Thomas borders on douchebaggery.
- A Contractual Solution to Citizens United
- Various Views on the Citizens United ruling
- Protecting America’s Sovereignty from Foreign Intervention Act
- Let shareholders, not CEOs, decide how their money is spent on politics
- National Review: Obama and Citizens United
- Former Justice O’Conner slams court ruling
- ACLU Applauds Supreme Court Decision Acknowledging Corporations’ Rights